Monday, November 4, 2013

My Little Pumpkin

This year for Halloween, my dog Kahlua was a little pumpkin!She was so cute and got lots of compliments. Some people think that it is really cruel to dress dogs up in clothes, but honestly,I think it is the cutest thing on the planet! My dog thinks otherwise.Whenever I put a piece of clothing on her, she hates it! She won't even move in it unless she is bribed with a treat (in this case she will move as much as you want her to, and she becomes your best friend).

Usually on Halloween we will take Kahlua for a nice long walk around the neighborhood so she can meet some new people and have a good time in her costume. Unfortunately, this year it was raining on Halloween. My mom did take her for a short walk to see all the costumes, but they got a little wet.  My dog is a chicken when it comes to getting wet. She hates it, and only gets wet when it is absolutely necessary. So going for a walk was not a pleasant experience for her this time. I was very disappointed that only a few trick-or-treater's got to see my little pumpkin (no pun intended haha). So I decided to take advantage of the situation and plan her costume for next year! 

I really wanted her to be one of these guys, because I find all of these costumes adorable! But my neighbor knocked on my door not even 5 minutes after I found this picture. She bought a Halloween costume for my dog for next year. It is decided that next year my dog is being a hula girl!! I'm so excited for next Halloween!! I can't even describe how cute Kahlua looks in her bikini (haha) and her grass skirt!

Dressing up dogs in costumes for various occasions like Christmas and Halloween is more for their owners than for the dogs, but it makes holidays fun.  I have seen pictures of dogs who have been dip dyed by their owners, and I think that is a bit overboard, as I think that the dye would be harmful for a pet, but there is nothing wrong with putting them in a cute little dress to celebrate a special day. 

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny. Does she have other costumes throughout the year? Christmas elf, Easter bunny, etc.?

    What's your stance on other types of dog clothing? Should they wear coats when it's raining, or little boots to keep their paws warm in the winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were up to me I would definitely get more costumes for my dog to wear on other occasions throughout the year, but unfortunately she only dresses up for Halloween because of the cost of dog costumes.

      I believe that it is okay to dress up your dogs in other types of clothing to a certain extent. For example: if you have a dog with short fur and they get cold in the winter it's okay to put them in a sweater to keep them warm. Also, the little boots aren't just for style, when you walk your dog in the snow their feet get really cold and this can cause them to start limping because of the coolness. So come clothing are considered as a form of protection for dogs. Dressing your dog up for absolutely no valid reason at all is a little bit too much.

      Delete
  2. We didn't get my dog a Halloween costume this year but we did find her an ugly Christmas sweater to help keep her warm in the winter and she loves it! All you have to do is ask her if she wants her sweater on and she runs to where it is and lifts her paw to put it on. Its so cute!

    ReplyDelete